Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dreams CAN Come True.. but I'm not sure I want ALL of them to...

I’ve been having a lot of weird dreams lately.. like.. for 45 years that I recall. I believe that sometimes your dreams tell you things that your subconscious knows but you’re not paying attention to in real life... either that or I’ve been watching far too much “Medium”.

I looked up some dream analysis websites to figure out if my dreams had any hidden meanings or messages for me...

When I was a kid, I had a recurring dream... the house at the end of my street was abandoned.. kinda haunted.. and there was a knight on a horse riding around guarding the house .. a goose inside (apparently laying golden eggs).. and my friends and I were trying to get to the house to get the goose or the eggs from what I recall... According to the website I consulted. the analysis of this dream is as follows..

Knight -- To see a knight in your dream, signifies honor, protection and security.
Goose -- To see a goose in your dream, symbolizes fertility and motherly love. The goose may also represent a message from your unconscious.
Eggs-- To see or eat eggs in your dream, symbolizes fertility, birth and your creative potential. It indicates that something new is about to happen.


This is a dream I had around the age of ... say.. seven. Apparently my subconscious mind was trying to tell me about fertility.. hey brain! A little early to be thinking about that, don’tcha think? And the “something new is about to happen”? I was seven. Something NEW happens every freakin’ day when you’re a kid.

I’ve been trying to remember my dreams, but I kind of suck at it.. but the other night I did dream that I was eating pasta .. someone else was there (I don’t think it was a celebrity.. but it could have been Ashton Kutcher... I think THIS means I`ve been reading too many Twitter updates from @aplusk..)
To see food in your dream, represents physical and emotional nourishment and energies. The different types of food can symbolize a wide range of things. Generally, fruit is symbolic of sensuality. Frozen foods may imply your cold emotions and frigid ways. Eating certain foods refers to qualities that you need to incorporate within your own self.
Noodles --To see noodles in your dream, signifies an abnormal appetite and desire.
I haven't been thinking of frozen foods.. wink wink... and they didn't have a “pasta” topic.. I`m not sure what qualities pasta represents... perhaps it “signifies an abnormal appetite and desire” for more pasta. Which could explain my large ass.

The other night I remember that in part of my dream is that I stuck my hand in my pocket and there was a lit cigarette in it and when I pulled my arm out there was a burn hole in my sleeve. The burning “indicates that you are experiencing some intense emotions and/or passionate sexual feelings. There is some situation or issue that you can no longer avoid and ignore. Alternatively, it may suggest that you need to take time off for yourself and relax. Consider also how you may be feeling "burned out" or "burned up".
Hmmmmm, not sure I need the “time off”.. however, the passionate sexual feelings...
To dream that there is a hole in your clothing, indicates that there are some flaws in your thinking or thought process. You may need to undergo an image makeover.
Maybe I’ll have better luck with these passionate sexual feelings if I get that makeover... and as far as the flaws in my thinking.. I don't think anyone will disagree with that ....

A common dream and one that I had recur when I was younger was finding myself in public wearing pajamas... If you dream that you are wearing pajamas in public, then it means that you are unaware of some important that may be right in front of you. You may be just drifting through life without fully paying attention to what is going on around you.
Huh? Did you say something...?

Flying is another one.. To dream that you are flying, signifies a sense of freedom where you had initially felt restricted and limited. Or it could mean you wish you could fly ....or be a super hero...

Around the time of my birthday I had a dream that we were discussing astrology and I was saying that I was an Aries...
To dream that someone is an Aries, suggests new beginnings and growth. I hope so!!
It is representative of your leadership. Hurray!
Alternatively, the dream may indicate some mental problem. THIS is more likely...

I have often dreamt of David Letterman.. his whacky stunts.. his charming demeanour.. the funny things he says..
To see a celebrity in your dream, represents your beliefs and understanding about him or her. Something in you waking life has triggered these similar beliefs and feelings. It is not uncommon that your obsession with a certain celebrity may carry over onto your dream world.
OR it could mean that I once again fell asleep with the TV on... but that doesn’t mean I am NOT obsessed with David Letterman. I still can’t believe he married that other woman.. whatever...however, me and Ashton Kutcher eating pasta could be indicative of my Twitter obsession....

I often dream about my family.. I guess because I talk to them and stuff.. OR it could be this..
To see your own family in your dream, represents security, warmth and love. It could also symbolize bitterness, jealousy, or rivalry, depending on your relationship with your family. Alternatively, it could mean that you are overly dependent on your family, especially if the family members are in your recurring dreams .
So it could mean that I either that I love my family or our relationship is hideously bitter. Wow. Thanks Dream Analysis for that wicked and incredibly precise insight.

I have a dog.. so of course she’s going to show up in the dreams.. and usually she’s barking in real life.. sooo....
To see a dog in your dream, symbolizes intuition, loyalty, generosity, protection, and fidelity. The dream suggests that your strong values and good intentions will enable you to go forward in the world and bring you success. Alternatively, it indicates a skill that you have ignored or forgotten. If the dog is vicious and/or growling, then it signifies some inner conflict within yourself. It may indicate betrayal and untrustworthiness. To see a happily barking dog in your dream, symbolizes pleasures and much social activity. If the dog is barking ferociously, then it represents your habit of making demands on people and controlling situations around you. It could also mean unfriendly companions. I’ll be listening to the “good” options...
To dream that you are dressing up your dog, signifies your attempts to cover up your own character flaws and habits. Sooo.. what if you actually DO dress up your dog in real life? What’s THAT saying..? hmmmmm

Suffice to say, I don't think my crazy dreams of my dog barking at Dave, Ashton and I while we eat pasta in a haunted house are at all prophetic.. which makes me wonder about the chick on Medium.. if a barking dog represents lots of social activity.. maybe her seeing people dead means she's just going to buy a new dress.... I mean, one of my dreams that I always remember was that I had a baby.. (I had this dream at about 16).. but my baby was made out of a milk bottle and had clothes pins for legs (I don't know who the father of THAT would have been... ) If you can figure that one out you get a prize.... I think most of the time dreams are just a continuation of stuff that is going on in your life.. and various thoughts you've had while awake. But in case they ARE fortunetelling, I'm hoping to dream of an asparagus omelet tonight... right after I find plenty of eggs in the henhouse...


Asparagus -- To see asparagus in your dream, denotes prosperous times.

Eggs -- To see or eat eggs in your dream, symbolizes fertility, birth and your creative potential. It indicates that something new is about to happen.
To find a nest filled with eggs in your dream, signifies some financial gain; the more abundant and bigger the eggs, the more significant the gain.

Life: Still plugging away

Love: Nothing to report other than my unrequited love for David Letterman.

Pants: If I go on the asparagus and egg diet, I think I could lose lots of weight, but I think I'll smell funny....

2 comments:

  1. I have a variation on the airplane one. A plane crashes on the hill behind my house and I have to go in among the debris to help people. Get it 3 or 4 times a year. Any ideas?
    Asparagus and egg diet sounds wonderful to me. You won't smell too bad, but your pee will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To dream that a plane crashes, suggests that you have set overly high and unrealistic goals for yourself. Your goals may be too high and are impossible to realize. You are in danger of having it come crashing down. Alternatively, your lack of confidence, self-defeating attitude and self-doubt toward the goals you have set for yourself is represented by the crashing airplane; you do not believe in your ability to attain those goals. Loss of power and uncertainty in achieving your goals are also signified.

    Rescue

    To dream that you are being rescued or rescue others, represents an aspect of yourself that has been neglected or ignored. You are trying to find a way to express this neglected part of yourself. Alternatively, it symbolizes an unconscious cry for help. Perhaps you are too proud in your waking life to ask for assistance.

    ReplyDelete