Monday, May 11, 2009

Pants: the good, the bad and the stretchy.

I have struggled with my weight most of my life.

I mean, struggle may not be the correct word.. I'm not Oprah weight challenged or anything.. I'm not HUGE.. I just have never been a skinny girl. I've always felt like I could stand to lose about 20lbs...minimum. Now, don't get me wrong.. I HAVE been overweight.. I stopped weighing myself at 208lbs when I was pregnant with the second kid (yes, I know...baby weight blah blah.. hey, he did NOT weigh 75lbs....) Regardless, I will never be underweight... that's for sure.

And I appreciate that. I know I'll never be one of those skinny stick figure girls. Which I am not really upset about. When I was younger I wanted to be super thin like a bunch of my friends.. but now that I'm older, I'm thankful that most men tell me that they don't really care for the super skinny ones (they look too much like boys...)... but like someone with curves. At least that's what they are SAYING.. mind you, this is usually followed by the request to touch said aforementioned curves.

Regardless, I could still stand to lose 20. Or at least tone up some more. I was on a good roll there for a while.. .I joined the Y right before Christmas and was going fairly regularly... but then a little while ago.. you know how it is.. things get busy.. and ... you stop going. "Tomorrow!" I say to myself. And yet, tomorrow never comes.... lately anyway...

I come from a very active family. My dad has always been a runner. My sister runs marathons. My other sister and mother also work out on a regular basis. I, on the other hand... am highly irregular. I have less willpower than Charlie in the Chocolate Factory, Homer Simpson with beer... Joan Rivers with plastic surgery... you get my point. I have been a "workout chick" at one point.. after my second child was born... I literally worked my butt off at the Y.. but as a result I was "too" skinny.. (see picture) at least that's what people tell me.. I look too... "pointy".. plus, I had no boobs...

I was on the track team when I was younger.. but I pretty much hate running. Yes, I know...feel better/look better. I've owned expensive pieces of workout equipment that later became pithy clothes hangers.. I've MANAGED fitness clubs.. I've done the aerobics, weight training, walking... YMCA, Curves, GoodLife... ladies gyms, co-ed gyms.. you name it. But for some reason I just will pretty much think of any excuse to NOT go. The most exercise I seem to be getting these days is surfing the web... so... needless to say this is not reflecting well on my ever expanding ass.

Plus, as I may have mentioned, I lack the willpower. I would seriously consider being hypnotized to gain such a power as to say NO to the little voice in my head that tells me that making potato pancakes at 11pm is a good idea....but... I love the food. *sigh* But there comes a time.. usually around bathing suit season... when a girl tries on her capri pants and comes to the realization that she would much prefer wearing the cute little outfits over the stretchy "eatin' pants"...

So, today... will be "tomorrow". I will get back on the proverbial horse and work out today. I will walk the dog, go to the Y, mow my lawn, walk around the block... whatever it takes. I've done it before, I can do it again.. and maybe this time I can "stick" with it..

And I'll get right on that.. right after I finish breakfast... ;)

Life: Still trying to sell my house. Wanna buy it?
Love: I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me.
Pants: See above. I've been a slacker. Getting back at it. (I KNOW I keep saying this... but I MEAN IT THIS TIME. LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment